Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Third Station of the Cross- Jesus Falls the First Time


Symbol- Small rock

A small rock or pebble can cause us to stumble and fall. As Jesus walked with the Cross, the stones pressed under his feet and the weight of the Cross pressed into His shoulders. With this rock, let us remember how Jesus stumbled and fell but He did not remain down on the ground. He got up and continued on.

The cross was so heavy Jesus could hardly walk. He held on to His cross for greatest love of us and in compliance with the will of His Father. It became so hard to walk! The cross was so heavy! He fell. He fell and the cross fell on Him. They poked at Him, they struck Him, they demanded He get up. The pain from the instruments they used to poke Him and strike Him was so great!


He somehow managed to get up. When we fall under the weight of our cross, we go to Jesus' Eucharistic Heart. He is no less present in the tabernacle and in the Eucharist than on the day He carried His cross. He waits with the same love that He had for us when He carried His cross and suffered such agony. Oh, how Jesus loves us!

Let’s look at Jesus

Jesus was so tired as he walked along the road with the heavy cross on His shoulders. The cross keeps pressing into His shoulder, and the stones on the road hurt his feet. People yell and push him, the soldiers shout for him to walk faster.

Then Jesus falls. The soldiers yell louder at him. How tired Jesus is! Jesus prays to His Father, "God, help me remember that You are here with me.”

Let’s look at our Heart

Have you ever fell when you were playing, or when you were helping with something? Falling really hurts, doesn't it? When we make mistakes, it’s like falling. When this happens, our heart feels like it is hurt.

Remember a time when you fell, when your heart felt hurt? Picture Jesus at your side. Give Him your hurt and pain. See Jesus embracing and loving you for giving Him your hurt and pain. Pray and ask Him to make your heart more like his.

V.We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee.

R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

The procession moves out of the city gate. Jesus was unsteady on his feet. The soldiers were pushing Him. Jesus is tired. He can hardly carry the cross. Jesus was already badly wounded when he fell the first time. It must have hurt very much. Jesus got up and kept on going.

Prayer

Dear Jesus, Sometimes I don't pay attention to what I should be doing. When things get hard for me, sometimes I give up. When we don’t succeed in school or when we lose a sports game, it can make us feel defeated. Jesus was hurt but never defeated. Jesus, I want your attitude of hope and victory even if I am not succeeding. Your cross was so heavy. It was hard for you. You never gave up. You fell, but you got up and moved on. Help me to get up when I fall and keep moving.

Mary, help me to see Jesus in all things.

Almighty Father, I know there are many times when I give up before I should. When I fall, help me get up again and keep going. This I ask through Christ Our Lord.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment