Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Holy Thursday-The Last Supper


On this holy night Jesus taught us so much. He gave us the most precious gift of Himself in the Holy Eucharist and insituted the Holy Priesthood. He left for us an example to follow.


Jesus washed the feet of the disciples

Jesus poured water into a bowl and then knelt in front of each of the twelve disciples, washing their feet and drying them with His towel. Peter asked “Lord why do you wash my feet, I should wash your feet.” Jesus looked at him and said ”Now you do not know what I am doing but later you will understand.” Jesus told them "Now that I, your Lord, have washed your feet, you should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example, that you may learn that all of your are equal, that the master is not greater than His servant, act kindly toward each other."

After washing the feet of his disciples, they all sat down to eat the Passover Meal.


Jesus blessed the bread and broke it, saying to them "Take this and eat it, for this is My body."


Then He blessed the wine and passed around His cup. "Drink this, for this is My blood."


Then Jesus looked at each of his disciples. His face was full of sorrow. "One of you sitting here will betray me." Jesus answered, "The one to whom I shall give this bread." Then Jesus took a piece of bread from the loaf, dipped it in the dish of wine and handed it to Judas Iscariot. "Do whatever you have to do, but do it quickly." Jesus said. Judas got up from the table, left the room, and walked out into the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment