Wednesday, January 11, 2006

How To Make Your Confession


First we make the Sign of the Cross. “In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen”


Tell the priest when was your last confession or if this is your first time, tell him it is your first time.

Confess your sins. Listen to everything the priest tells you. Remember the penance he gives you.



Say the Act of Contrition

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You and I detest all my sins because of Your just punishment but most of all because they offend You, my God, who are all-good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Your grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sins. Amen.



Thank the priest.


After Confession

Say or do the penance the priest has given you. Your penance may be to say ten Hail Mary’s, five Our Father’s or perhaps to read a chapter from the Bible.



Remember to thank God for forgiving your sins and ask Him to help you to keep from offending Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment