Friday, April 14, 2006

The Resurrection Stories - Mary Magdalene’s Account

I woke Sunday morning before the sun had risen and quickly dressed. I met with two other women on the streets of Jerusalem. We were going to the tomb where Jesus' was placed to anoint His body with oil and spices. We had to wait till Sunday, because it is against the Commandments to work on the Sabbath.

We hoped to find someone who could roll the large stone away from the tomb because it was too heavy for us to move it. We also feared the guards standing outside the tomb would not let us in. As we approached the tomb we noticed that the stone was already rolled away to the side of the tomb, and the body of Jesus was gone. All that was left was the cloths that had been wrapped around His body. Even the guards were gone.




I thought that someone had taken His body. I ran to the city to find Peter and the others and tell them that they had taken Jesus' body away. They came to see for themselves. After they had left I stayed there in the garden and went back inside the tomb and cried. I was so sad, my best friend was gone, my Lord was dead and now they had taken His body away.


Then I heard a voice say "Woman, why are you crying?" I looked up and saw two Angels dressed in white garments. One stood at the head and the other at the foot of where Jesus' body had been. "They have taken my Lord Away," I said, "and I do not know where they have put Him."


Then I noticed that there was someone else standing behind me at the entrance of the tomb. The morning light was behind Him. "Woman, who are you looking for, and why are you crying?" He asked. I thought it might have been one of the gardeners, so I said, "Sir, if you have taken Him away, please tell me where and I will come and anoint His body."

The man stepped forward, His face was full of light, His expression pure like the sun itself. "Mary", He said. It was just the way He had said it many times before. No one said my name like He does. Then I knew that it was Jesus, standing there in front of me. JESUS WAS ALIVE!

I ran and fell at His feet. As I reached out to touch Him He stopped me. "Do not touch me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father in Heaven. But go and tell my other friends that I am here and you have seen me. Tell them to wait in Jerusalem. I will meet them there soon." Then Jesus disappeared. I was so full of excitement and joy, My Lord was alive! I hurried off to tell the good news to the disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment