Friday, April 14, 2006

The Resurrection Stories- Thomas' Account


This is the story of how Thomas became known as the doubting one.

The death of our Lord Jesus was really hard on me and the other disciples. We rarely went outside except at night when no one would see us. We had expected Jesus to become our next King. All of our dreams ended with His cruel death. We all felt empty inside. Our best friend was brutally crucified.

On Sunday night I had gone out for awhile, and when I returned the other disciples were excited. They said Jesus had been there to eat with them. They saw His hands and His side where the soldiers had pierced Him, and He spoke to them. This was too hard for me to believe. How could He be alive? I saw Him die. Finally I told my friends, "Unless I see the nail marks in His hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into His side, I wont believe it."

A week later we were in the same room with the doors locked. Suddenly Jesus was standing in the room. Nobody moved or dared to breathe. He greeted us in His usual way "Peace be with you."

He turned to me and held out His hands. "Come, Thomas, put your finger here, see my hands, put your hand into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
I fell to my knees and said, "My Lord and my God." I think I would have done anything He asked. Jesus said to me, "Do you believe because you have seen me? How happy are those who believe without seeing me."

I was ashamed but I was happy beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment